Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Long story short, I am switching my iCloud account to another developer account. I have iOS 8 on my 5S with iCloud photo library turned on. All my photos from my camera roll were in there. I turned it off and turned photo stream back on.

I now only have 106 photos on my device. I had over 1060 photos. The question is, how the hell do I get all my photos back? I turned iCloud photo library back on and it's "syncing".

I can't seem to find any information on how this works and were all my photos are? I just want the photos back on my phone so I can turn off icloud and turn it on again with another account.

Anyone have any info on this? Developer forums have nothing.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
Long story short, I am switching my iCloud account to another developer account. I have iOS 8 on my 5S with iCloud photo library turned on. All my photos from my camera roll were in there. I turned it off and turned photo stream back on.

I now only have 106 photos on my device. I had over 1060 photos. The question is, how the hell do I get all my photos back? I turned iCloud photo library back on and it's "syncing".

I can't seem to find any information on how this works and were all my photos are? I just want the photos back on my phone so I can turn off icloud and turn it on again with another account.

Anyone have any info on this? Developer forums have nothing.

I don't think iCloud photos are working right in beta 2. If beta 1 hasn't expired, try loading that up and see if you can get your photos.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
I don't think iCloud photos are working right in beta 2. If beta 1 hasn't expired, try loading that up and see if you can get your photos.

What's interesting is when I open the photo app, under Photos - all my photos are there. Under Albums, Recently Added/My Photo Stream, they top out at 106/166. Not sure what or why Photos is showing all my photos?

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
So I opened up iPhoto on my MacBook yesterday and it downloaded all my photos from photo stream. Basically all the photos I could no longer see on my phone are showing up correctly in iPhoto. I feel better knowing they are not lost, just glitched.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.