iCloud photos loading

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sincere11105, Dec 4, 2015.

1. sincere11105 macrumors 6502

I just got my iPad pro yesterday. I enabled iCloud photos and its taking a very long time to load. I did the same to my iPad Air 2 at the same time and the air 2 loaded and here we are still waiting for the pro.

Both were on the same network. I tried disabling iCloud photo and reenabling. Anyone else have this issue?

2. darknyt macrumors 6502a

Yes, there have been a few threads on this - depending on your library size, they boil down to iCloud Photo Library is basically still in beta (at least too new to rely on or expect much from per Apple second level support) and should be used with a grain of salt.

I have a 500gb library and it's a nice idea but even on an 128gb Air 2 with optimize storage, you can't really use it reliably. It has horrible performance, crashes frequently, randomly stops syncing (mine stopped for 2 weeks and Apple literally said just wait and see. If I submitted a request to an engineer to look at it, they would come back with same I was told).

I think if you have a small library your experience may differ.

3. sincere11105 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry about the duplicate. I did a search on iCloud photo and didn't get anything back. I have about 10k photos. I guess I'll just wait and see

4. darknyt macrumors 6502a

No worries, just saying there has been some good discussion on the issue you may find. Though most of it has been focused on OSX.

You may have better luck. I have 150k photos for comparison.

5. sincere11105 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's just a bummer. Thought it was an iPad pro issue since I restored an iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 and they both loaded the photos. The iPad pro has still yet to load