iCloud photos

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by oldcelt, Feb 6, 2015.

1. oldcelt macrumors 6502

Hi all.
    Elderly user here. Does iCloud photos automatically upload mu iPhoto library or do I have to export or similar. Idiots guide please!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

2. aicul macrumors 6502a

Look at the streaming options (in System Preferences APP/iCloud)

But if you are elderly and can wait a moment, there is a new "Photos" app coming out - probably - with the next Yosemite update. Some things may change with this and waiting would avoid you learning everything twice.

3. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

I'd wait until the Photos app comes out for Mac on Yosemite*. Then you can import your iPhoto library into the Photos app and upload them to iCloud Photo Library. Then you can choose to have the full size photos on your iPhone or have smaller ones and just download the full ones as you need them. All of your photos will be synced across your devices.

*If you're not running Yosemite, then you will not have access to the Photos app on a Mac. Your photos will be in the cloud, but I don't believe syncing with iPhoto is as seamless as Photos.

4. Abazigal macrumors G3

Abazigal

Your photos app will automatically upload and download photos to and from icloud photo library when it is connected to wifi.

5. mattdocs12345 macrumors member

I found this not to be the case. Photos in icloud are never automatically uploaded to the iphone.

6. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

Mine do, every time and I have over 20000 pictures and movies.

7. AppleP59 macrumors 6502

As others have said - Apple is going to bring out a new program (called "Photos") to replace iPhoto in the next month or so. So maybe wait until that's here. As it is going to be much better/ easier integrated with iCloud.