iCloud Photos

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by ivanwi11iams, Jul 4, 2016.

1. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

Honestly, is it just me, or is iCloud Photos on iOS (iPhone 6s Plus & iPad Air II), just the worst invention?

I have around 3.5GB of photos. And, in review, most of them are duplicates. I certainly didn't take duplicates. But, in looking in iCloud, there are plenty of duplicates. Very frustrating. I tried turning iCloud 'off', and then back on again, and it appears, I'd need to wait 29 days plus, prior to turning it back on. Failing to do so, and all the photos I'd deleted, return to my iPhone and iPad.

Currently, I'm in the process of testing Google Photos. One down side I see already, I can't take a photo, and merely 'store' it in a folder in Google Photos. Unless in due course, it will sync to Google Photos?

Anyway, all this to ask, what Photo application local and cloud based, are you using?

2. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

It works well for me.

What do you mean by 'duplicates'? Where exactly are you seeing these?

The summary views in iCloud Photos are not folders.

3. aristobrat macrumors G5

Same here. I have ~44,000 photos (105 GB) in my library, haven't found any duplicates that I didn't cause (mostly from duplicating folders back in my PC days).

4. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Do you have two of each photo? Maybe HDR is turned on.

5. ivanwi11iams thread starter Contributor

ivanwi11iams

I'm going to delete all my photos and albums. Then I'll reupload them from my Windows computer to iCloud etc.

Sounds like this is merely my issue and I've done something wrong...