iCloud Photostream

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hudzilla, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

I turned my photostream off in iCloud settings (dont ask me why), and selected 'delete photos'

But when i turn it back on, there are black icons in the photostream when i try to select 'edit' to delete them, my photos app crashes.

Any ideas on what i could do to get rid of the blank icons?

They just look like gray squares, with jpg in the centre.

Thanks.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. Hudzilla thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

4. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

Is photo stream REALLY slow at uploading photos for you guys as well? Sorry I know that's off topic I just didn't feel like starting another thread.

5. PhoneI macrumors 65816

Nope. It is almost instantaneous for me.

6. opivybmxpunk macrumors newbie

Mine haven't even popped up in iPhoto yet. I've only taken 3 photos with my 4S and they're in the "Photo Stream" folder in my albums on my phone. I'm on Wifi (same network on my computer and phone) I've got everything turned on on both ends and NOTHING. Probably going to turn that option off for now since it seems like its not working and all its doing is killing battery.

Any suggestions/ steps I might be missing?

7. djalterego macrumors newbie

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4486

iCloud: Photo Stream FAQ

How do I delete photos from my Photo Stream in iCloud?

Individual photos cannot be deleted from your Photo Stream. You can, however, delete all the photos in your Photo Stream by clicking the Reset Photo Stream button in your account at icloud.com. The Reset Photo Stream button will instantly delete all Photo Stream photos stored in iCloud, but it will not remove any Photo Stream photos that have already been pushed to your devices.

How do I delete photos from my Photo Stream on my devices?

After deleting the photos from your Photo Stream in iCloud, you can remove the Photo Stream photos from your devices as follows:

On your iOS devices, go to Settings > iCloud > Photo Stream and turn Photo Stream off. This will delete all the photos from your Photo Stream album. If there are any photos you want to keep on your device, make sure to add them to an album or save them to your Camera Roll first.

On your Mac, go to iPhoto or Aperture preferences and turn off Photo Stream. This will delete all the photos from the Photo Stream view. If you had Automatic Import enabled in Photo Stream settings, your photos were also imported to your iPhoto or Aperture Library and will remain after you disable Photo Stream. If you want to delete any of these photos from your Library, you can do so manually any time you like.

On your PC, you can remove Photo Stream photos by deleting them from your designated Photo Stream download folder. By default, this folder is located at 
C:\Users\Apple\Pictures\Photo Stream\My Photo Stream.