Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JulienBerthelot

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2012
Canada
Just went on Netflix on my MacBook Pro running macOS Monterey and saw the tv show Friends being available, I thought it was back on Netflix in Canada... Turns out Netflix thinks I'm in Ireland... I think this means that once Private Relay is out, people will need to disable it to use Netflix since Netflix tends to block VPN addresses. (Like Crave here in Canada asks users to disable "Prevent cross-site tracking" for it to work, I hate having to disable and reenable it each time)

Spikefan

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2010
I have the same problem - watching The Big Bang Theory which is not available in US, I think the relay is showing I am in US. I am in UK and the relay has to be disabled for me to continue watching. Will there be a work around I wonder?

curdy

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
BC, Canada
The new Private Relay feature will not mask you as many have been used to.
He’s not wanting to be “masked“ I’m pretty sure. He wants his IP address to show Canada and not what the Private Relay feature is showing. That way he can watch what’s actually available on Canadian Netflix/Crave.

Reactions: agoodpub
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.