iCloud Push email Problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DanielCalladine, May 19, 2012.

1. DanielCalladine macrumors member

Hello,

I am having problems with push email on my iPhone 4s. I have a MobileMe email address and switched over to the iCloud service about 2 months ago.

Push worked perfectly whilst on MobileMe but now using the same email address via iCloud, push has stopped working and I only receive new emails when opening up the Mail app.

I do have the push setting on and it works fine on my iPad and Macbook.

Regards, Daniel

2. jamesvdm macrumors regular

jamesvdm

Push has not worked for me for about a week too.

3. ZeArno macrumors newbie

the same issue

Hello, I have the same issue.
    since the end of the last week, I don't have any push mail. I have to open the mail app to check and receive my email.

I tried to delete and re-create my iCloud account on my devices, but nothing works.

In order, push for adresse book is OK (I haven't yet trie push for calendar).

At this time, no answer on our questions (Apple forums are "hots" on this subject)

4. insimbi macrumors 6502

insimbi

Add me to the list. It hasn't been working for over a week now either. I've deleted my iCloud account from my iPhone 4S and re-added it. Still nothing. What gives? :mad:

5. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

This rose to the attention of some of the Apple bloggers recently, basically push has been broken for a long time for a lot of people.

6. insimbi macrumors 6502

insimbi

Sucks - anything we can do?

7. MaxBurn, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012

MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

You can contact Apple but I wouldn't expect them to do anything about it. They will fix it when they get around to it. I can't tell you how many times I see mail.app asking for an iCloud login for my Apple Mail account because it has failed.

Honestly if you want to rely on your email I wouldn't use Apple's email. They don't have a transparent spam policy that you can manipulate or even check to see what was discarded, overall email is just a small part of the whole overall business with little focus. I don't expect free email accounts to be reliable or even to be treated in my best interest.

If you want to treat your email professionally I would go with something like hover or fastmail, or any other place where you are paying them for email which is their core business.

8. DanielCalladine thread starter macrumors member

That's good to know it's not just me then. I'm very surprised that it's just stopped working like that, it can't be that hard to fix?

I want to keep using it though as its so convenient so I've just set it to fetch instead, hopefully they'll make it work again.

9. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

A periodic fetch is a battery drain.

Honestly email is not an instant messenger, my companies policy is 24 hour response but is generally frowned on if it goes over four hours. If you can get down to checking email only three times a day than your other productivity is going to be so much better.