iCloud Push Mail is Inconsistent

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by insocal, Jul 25, 2012.

1. insocal macrumors regular

Not even Apple Support has been able to find the fix for this issue. Been dealing with it since first transitioning to iCloud back in October.
    Never had a problem when it was MobileMe but now, in order to get mail to come to my iPhone, I've got to open the Mail App. It pushes maybe 5% of the time and rarely responds to Fetch. It's really unfortunate. the only way to guarantee I get my Mail, is to physically open the Mail App. Unreal.

2. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Have you tried doing a clean install of iOS? Sounds like your Mail app is getting hung up.

3. insocal thread starter macrumors regular

Push works fine to my MBP. It's only a problem with iPhone/iPad. I've done full restores, exchanged for new devices. Really disappointing.

4. jdblack macrumors newbie

I had a similar problem where push mail would stop working every so often. I would have to open my mail app for my mail to actually come through.

In my case I rarely restarted or fully turned off my iPhone. So I started turning it off then back on every night. This seems to have resolved the issue for me, but if I forget to restart for a day or two then the problem starts up again.

This may not apply to your problem but it has worked reliably for me.