iCloud Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ephailey, Oct 30, 2011.

1. ephailey macrumors member

Still trying to figure out how iCloud works:

1. I have "contacts" turned on in icloud settings. If I make a change on Outlook contacts, no change seems to be made to iPhone contacts until I sync.

2, If I add a song to an Itunes playlist, I can't figure out how to get it into the iPhone Playlist of same name. It does not do it automatically thru iCloud. If I sync, it does not figure out that I added a song to that Playlist. If I delete the playlist on the iPhone (like I used to for fixing this), it deletes the playlist (thru icloud apparently) on itunes before i can sync.

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

1. do you have the iCloud control panel installed on your windows system?

2. iTunes on your computer is not synced with your phone via iCloud so if you add a playlist to your iTunes it will not send that playlist to your phone till you sync the phone and same for when your playlists are deleted

3. VydorScope macrumors regular

VydorScope

Are these outlook contacts actually in iCloud? On your phone, open your contacts and look in the iCloud folder to see what contacts are in it. I have 100's of contacts on my phone, but the only one in iCloud is my own contact.

I use exchange push for keeping my contacts up to date, already works great and all of my devices support it.

4. ephailey thread starter macrumors member

Yes iCloud is installed.

I did not have the contacts checked on icloud so that explains that.

On iTunes, there is no sync with iCloud as you mention but when I delete a playlist on iPhone, it deletes it on iTunes without sync ing . How does that happen. Just want to add a song to a playlist, really.

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

do you have wireless sync setup on yout iPhone? this could be why your having issues with iPhone it might be auto-syncing when your connected to your wifi.

6. ephailey thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I do have wireless connection but don't think I have set up wireless sync on the music.

On the contacts, I have now (after reading posts) have set up the icloud sync but it got rid of all the contacts on Outlook and put them all in icloud. Is this the way it is supposed to work?

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

did you tick to sync your iPhone wirelessly in the iTunes windows for your iPhone?

8. BoxerGT2.5, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  9. ephailey thread starter macrumors member

Where would I check that? Don't see it.

Also, whether I sync wireless or not, don't see a way to add a song to an iphone playlist without deleting the playlist and re syncing with itunes.

10. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

so even if you plug your phone into your computer and sync, it doesn't update your playlist on your iphone? sounds like there's a setting messed up somewhere... you aren't manually managing your music are you? (dragging and dropping to phone?) in iphone settings in itunes you have the correct playlists checked to sync? its not a matter of a song being checkmarked or not? sorry for the obvious questions.. i've never had this problem.

not that this solves your problem but for the time being you know you can add a song directly from your iphone? (assuming the song is on your iphone)... edit the playist and tap the +