iCloud questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by diane143, Nov 17, 2011.

1. diane143 macrumors 6502a

Finally got iCloud up and running, couple of questions I've tried to google but can't seem to find.

In the Calendar, is there a way to sync my phone to iCloud without going through iTunes?

I want to share my calendar with someone who doesn't have a smartphone. Can I give them access to the calendar only? Or do I have to set up a Google calendar and go through there? I see where I can share the calendar publicly but I have to do it for each calendar, not the entire thing (I do freelance work and have different colors set up for different clients, but they all represent times I am working)

Thanks,
    Diane

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

For syncing, check your iCloud settings in Settings. There should be a slider asking if you want calendars on your iCloud account.

As far as sharing, I think Google Calendar is probably the best option. iCloud calendars can apparently only be shared with other iCloud users.

3. diane143 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. Calendars is turned on but nothing is happening. It's not like I haven't waited long enough either. I synced everything by cable the other day, but added some stuff to one of my calendars right after (to the phone) and it still doesn't show up online.

You're saying it should?

Bummer on the share......

4. Zcott macrumors 68020

In iTunes, under the Summary tab, make sure you have 'backup to iCloud' selected.

5. diane143 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well go figure. I saw that one that I added into the work calendar was green when work is really blue in the list on the phone. (in the calendar, I selected the activity and then went to assign it to a calendar). I have a list of "From my mac" and "iCloud". The Mac side is green which is correct. The iCloud side is blue which is wrong, not sure where that came from.

If I change the phone to the blue work calendar, it syncs just fine and now my other tests are showing up.

Now to figure out where that blue calendar came from!

6. Zcott macrumors 68020

7. diane143 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well.... sort of...... a couple of my subscribed calendars are not showing up at all (though the "charge battery one from Apple is), and they are still not syncing in all three places. ie the work one I added for Saturday is on the phone and iCloud but not on the laptop, despite me just syncing it by cable.

Most confusing.