Icloud regulations

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by nashyo, Jul 29, 2012.

1. nashyo, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012

nashyo macrumors 6502

nashyo

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Anything your app can create on it's own without the user should not be persisted to iCloud. For example lets say your app on startup creates an index of some content. Don't persist that to iCloud as your app can re-create it any time it likes.

3. nashyo thread starter macrumors 6502

nashyo

4. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

If you have content that could be recreated but that would be irritating for the user to always have to wait for indicators while unzipping or something, you can prevent it from being uploaded to iCloud, I will make a blog post about it soon and share it here. We use a Category on NSFileManager to set a flag on the files to not backup to iCloud.
    Also, you could set your topic as Resolved if you got it :)

5. nashyo thread starter macrumors 6502

nashyo

Sounds great. Where can I find your blog?

I didn't realise I could set a thread as resolved. How do I do that? I feel stupid asking, but I have looked for myself and I can't find anything obvious. I might kick myself when I find out.

6. jnoxx, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012

jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

I'll post back tomorrow okay? We have a blog about such questions on icapps.be/blog (my companies blog, we take turns each week for writing a blog, and I'm a bit late with mine & I happen to took the subject about iCloud regulations).So just hang on a bit.
    And setting your thread as resolved, there is a sticky on top of this forum ->
    Click me :).

Take care, Noxx

EDIT: Hey Nashyo, I kept my promise and blogged about it, it's available to read here -> http://bit.ly/Od1zFX
    If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask!