iCloud restore hanging for >48hrs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by .Logan, Jan 17, 2016.

1. .Logan macrumors member

Hello,

I recently upgraded to the 6S, I'm restoring a backup from iCloud but it has been stuck restoring for over 2 days. It looks like everything is there (photos, apps, etc) but it's still "stuck". In iCloud settings I see a message the bottom that says "You can't sign out as your iPhone is still restoring".

I tried following this guide to stop the restore from the iCloud backup section: http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/01/29/how-to-stop-an-icloud-restore-that-is-stuck/

However! In the backup section I don't have a link to "Stop restoring", the backup option is greyed out but there's nothing beneath it.

Any ideas how to stop the frozen restore?

Thanks!

2. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

I guess only the radical measures....restore again.....

3. .Logan thread starter macrumors member

Yeah. Really don't want to do that as I've already done an app clean up, re-organized home screen etc. All would be lost.

Has to be some way to stop it. Wonder if Apple Store visit worthwhile.

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

You have little choice as after 48 hours, it is not going to just start up again. Reboot and try again.

5. .Logan thread starter macrumors member

What if I do an iTunes backup of what has been restored so far (looks like everything is there), and restore from that? Can you think of any potential problem with that versus an older backup?

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

It could be your restore went fine but there was a problem telling you it was complete. If all looks like it is there I would stick with it. You should back up again but I would save the original backup just in case.