Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NickMcCandless

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2013
I have installed the iOS 7 beta on my iPhone and did a restore from iCloud and while the contacts, texts, and call history is restored, nor my apps nor photos and videos restore. Isn't it supposed to show a status circle at the top? How has everyone else's iCloud restore been?

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
On my fourth consecutive day of restoring now. Still ploddingly pulling down photos while refusing to download a handful of applications.

The best way of checking that it's doing something is keeping it plugged in and watching the albums tab in photos.

NickMcCandless

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2013
Fourth day and it's still restoring? Even over Wi-Fi? Anyone else having these issues with SUPER SLOW restoring?

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2012
MA
The only problem that I had was about 80% of my pictures and videos didn't transfer when I restored from iTune (backed up there and to the Cloud). They are all in Dropbox so I'm not to worried but am wondering why they didn't transfer. Have never had that problem.

NickMcCandless

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2013
It's been two days and none of my media nor apps have restored. Gonna revert back to iOS 6 to then backup to my computer rather than just iCloud and restore that way. Should that work?

BigMar89

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
I also have encountered this problem. Installed iOS 7 to my iPhone 5 as an update. Reverted back to iOS 6.1.4 because 7 is just too buggy right now. I did a clean, fresh install this time (set up as new iPhone) and now my Photo Stream is missing more than half of my photos especially vids. I only took like 10 pics while on iOS 7 so most that are missing were taken on 6.1.4. 87.8 MB of pics are in my Photo Stream but my iCloud back up of my Camera Roll still claims to have 220 MB.

BigMar89

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
Did as I said and all is working!

hey when you first installed iOS 7, did you restore using an iOS 6 back up? I did the same and my photos also never finish uploading. I went back to iOS 6 and used the same restore but was rejected because it had now become an iOS 7 back up. So if i were to install iOS 7 with now overwritten iOS 7 back up, can my photos be salvaged even though they never finished loading from my Camera Roll back up?

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
On the fifth day it finally finished restoring (minus 13 apps that refuse to finish downloading no matter what I do). My battery life is remarkably better now :)

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2012
MA
I've found that my pictures have gradually been coming over. I haven't checked today but I think they are almost all there like before I installed 7.

Battery life is also much better than the first night.

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
I didn't have any issues with installing iOS 7 and then setting up the phone using my iCloud backup.

jaycarroll

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
Denville, NJ
Many (including myself) have had much better performance and stability after resetting settings and network settings. iCloud for me took a while, but not days. If it seems to stall, do a hard reset by holding power and home until you see the apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.