Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Hi guys, is the following a security glitch on my iPhone 6?

If I go into Settings / iCloud and click on my account (at the top of the screen where it has my name and email address) should the device then ask me for my iCloud password? My device doesn't! Even if I then click on Password & Security or Payment... no password required at all!!! Surely that is a security issue!

I'm certain once upon a time it did. It just doesn't any more. I checked on my Mac and it does ask for the password on the mac.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Hi guys, is the following a security glitch on my iPhone 6?

If I go into Settings / iCloud and click on my account (at the top of the screen where it has my name and email address) should the device then ask me for my iCloud password? My device doesn't! Even if I then click on Password & Security or Payment... no password required at all!!! Surely that is a security issue!

I'm certain once upon a time it did. It just doesn't any more. I checked on my Mac and it does ask for the password on the mac.
I believe if your device uses TouchID/Passcode, it doesn't require the password to be entered to enter settings.

Reactions: scouser75
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.