iCloud & security

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Tech198, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Tech198 macrumors G4

Hi all..

Can you "selectively" enable/and or disable on IOS devices which info is synced to that device ?

eg... Only allow contacts to be sync, but leave everything else alone.

Also, is this selection available at setup of a new phone/ipad ? or must you do this only from the Home screen (when you've exit initial setup from Welcome screen) ?

Secondly, in regards to the"find my iPhone" and "Find my Mac", it appears these app must be installed if you want the remote wipe to be available...

Is this true, ? And if so, how can IOS devices be wiped then, if this app must remain for connection ?

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Yes, of course. Settings -> iCloud.

Haven't set up a new device in a while, so I can't recall, but if it doesn't give you the options there, it will set up the default set, but you can go to Settings and change it to whatever you want.

No specific apps have to be installed for those features. Instead, you have to turn on the feature during the setup or in Settings -> iCloud. The Find My iPhone app is for locating another device from that device.

jW