iCloud seems to be down on, yes, June 30!

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by mamabyrd, Jun 30, 2012.

1. mamabyrd macrumors newbie

I didn't wait to upgrade to iCloud until tonight... I did it months ago. But tonight I really need to utilize my account ("Find my iPad"!!) and the server seems to have been down for at least an hour. At first the webpage showed an error in loading at all (Server not found message), now the login page shows up but when you try to log in you get a different error (iCloud has unexpected stopped message).

I've tried logging in from my iPhone, macbook, and desktop computers - errors on each device. I've tried it via the "find my iPhone" app and via the website, neither is working. I've restarted all devices as well. My only deduction at this point is that the iCloud servers are down (and the fact that it is the evening of June 30th, which is the deadline to move your mobileme accounts to iCloud, is not lost on me...).

Does anyone know how to access "find my iPhone/iPad" outside of iCloud, or is thru the iCloud webpage/app the only way? Feeling very desperate to find my iPad, as I fear I drove off with it after placing it on the roof of my car - Doh!

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Interesting. I think it's the transition from MobileMe to iCloud.

3. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

My guess is that all of the servers that hosted MobileMe are now being rebuilt and the iCloud software put on them. Which is good. iCloud will probably be more reliable and possibly faster now.

4. RogersDA macrumors 6502

Down for me, too.
    And today someone stole my iPad and I can't locate it (assuming it is still on).

Arg.

5. Predator69 macrumors member

Predator69

I still got the "iCloud suddenly stopped working "

6. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Here's why it's down kids :

ISFATAL
    true

APPLICATIONNAME
    find

TITLE
    Find My iPhone could not be loaded

There was a problem loading the application due to a possible network error or missing resources. Please try again.

LOG
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:01:44 GMT: DEBUG: Adjusting label view to 0px,0px for string null
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:01:44 GMT: DEBUG: Adjusting label view to 0px,0px for string null
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:01:44 GMT: DEBUG: applicationWillBecomeActive
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:01:44 GMT: DEBUG: APPLICATION: Received applicationWillBecomeActive
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:01:44 GMT: DEBUG: applicationDidBecomeActive
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:01:44 GMT: DEBUG: Sending request to url /fmipservice/client/web/initClient
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:01:44 GMT: DEBUG: Adjusting label view to 108px,18px for string Loading devices…
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:01:44 GMT: DEBUG: Adjusting label view to 108px,18px for string Loading devices…
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:01:45 GMT: DEBUG: SC.Module: Prefetching module 'cloudkit/error_catcher'.
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:01:45 GMT: DEBUG: SC.Module: Loading CSS file in 'cloudkit/error_catcher' -> '/applications/find/cloudkit/error_catcher/en-us/1K63/stylesheet.css'
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:01:45 GMT: DEBUG: SC.Module: Loading JavaScript file in 'cloudkit/error_catcher' -> '/applications/find/cloudkit/error_catcher/en-us/1K63/javascript-strings.js'
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:01:45 GMT: DEBUG: SC.Module: Module 'cloudkit/error_catcher' finished loading.
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:01:45 GMT: DEBUG: SC.Module: Module 'cloudkit/error_catcher' was prefetched, not evaluating until needed.
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:02:00 GMT: DEBUG: applicationShouldRefresh. isExplicit flag =
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:02:24 GMT: DEBUG: Request to url /fmipservice/client/web/initClient failed with status 0 & error SC.Error:sc1880:HTTP Request failed (-1)
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:02:30 GMT: DEBUG: applicationShouldRefresh. isExplicit flag =

ORIGIN
    server

TYPE
    error

APPSTATECHART
    SC.Statechart:sc763
    initialized: true
    name: cloudos-statechart
    current-states: [
    active.application.displayingCurrentApp
    ]
    state-transition:
    active: false
    suspended: false
    handling-event: false

BUILDNUMBER
    1K.52609

TIME
    Sat Jun 30 2012 21:02:32 GMT-0700 (PDT) (1341115352077)

HOST
    www.icloud.com

RECENTLOGMESSAGES
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:01:44 GMT: DEBUG: applicationWillBecomeActive
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:01:44 GMT: DEBUG: APPLICATION: Received applicationWillBecomeActive
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:01:44 GMT: DEBUG: applicationDidBecomeActive
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:01:44 GMT: DEBUG: Sending request to url /fmipservice/client/web/initClient
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:01:45 GMT: DEBUG: SC.Module: Prefetching module 'cloudkit/error_catcher'.
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:01:45 GMT: DEBUG: SC.Module: Loading CSS file in 'cloudkit/error_catcher' -> '/applications/find/cloudkit/error_catcher/en-us/1K63/stylesheet.css'
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:01:45 GMT: DEBUG: SC.Module: Loading JavaScript file in 'cloudkit/error_catcher' -> '/applications/find/cloudkit/error_catcher/en-us/1K63/javascript-strings.js'
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:01:45 GMT: DEBUG: SC.Module: Module 'cloudkit/error_catcher' finished loading.
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:01:45 GMT: DEBUG: SC.Module: Module 'cloudkit/error_catcher' was prefetched, not evaluating until needed.
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:02:00 GMT: DEBUG: applicationShouldRefresh. isExplicit flag =
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:02:24 GMT: DEBUG: Request to url /fmipservice/client/web/initClient failed with status 0 & error SC.Error:sc1880:HTTP Request failed (-1)
    Sun, 01 Jul 2012 04:02:30 GMT: DEBUG: applicationShouldRefresh. isExplicit flag =

7. Drew017 macrumors 65816

Drew017

Was working fine for me earlier today, but not now :(

8. kkamann macrumors regular

kkamann

9. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    Nope, they're going to have a grace period so you can download your stuff throughout July. It'll (as of now) officially close July 31, though I suppose it could change again.

I have been having issues accessing secure Apple sites (ones starting with https). Maybe it's due to a lot of people downloading their MobileMe stuff tonight. Who knows. Very Apple-like for Internet services. I don't know of any other company that is so clunky when it comes to Internet services. Just the other day I stumbled across a free servers site I created 13 years ago. I logged into freeservers.com and all my files were there as if I had just put them there yesterday. Apple abandons Internet services like crazy and has no legacy support once they do, and the move from one service to another is usually rocky.

10. vabello macrumors newbie

apple.com name servers down

All of Apple's authoritative name servers are down. It appears this has been the case since the leap second was introduced and everything went to hell. Direct queries to all their authoritative name servers timeout. I cannot get to any Apple web sites. I double checked against some other public DNS servers. Some do resolve and others have the same problem I do. The ones that work I assume still have information cached somehow.

11. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

There is no grace period. MobileMe ends midnight tonight. Apple has sent out it's final notice last week.

From Apple's FAQ :

MobileMe Services
    What's happening to MobileMe?
    The core services provided by MobileMe have been completely rewritten and are now part of iCloud. MobileMe will no longer be available after June 30, 2012. To continue to have mail, contacts, and calendars kept up to date automatically and free of charge, and to enjoy the new services that iCloud provides, MobileMe members must move their accounts to iCloud before June 30, 2012.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4597

12. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

I would LOVE to see where you found this information, because it has been public knowledge, and advertised both here and on Apple's own sites, that it will be ending today. In 24 minutes in fact.

Oh, and I am having no issues connecting to https sites.

13. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    You're exactly right that Apple wants everyone to download their information by June 30 (today/yesterday depending on where you are). It's a big move and to get everyone to move they need a deadline by which they say data will be removed. But there will of course be people who are going to be very upset with data loss and so Apple will give them "one last chance" to download information through July 31.

I didn't write what I did to argue about when the official date of close is, but rather just to offer that it might not be MobileMe closing down that is causing whatever issues Apple was having.

I believe that as of tomorrow Apple will have a sign on its MobileMe page that the service is now closed (like a sign you would hang on a store window), but I do believe there will be one more chance for people to download Gallery and iDisk data. I could be wrong. We'll see. Don't have a source; I thought it was public info by now, but I can see that I was wrong. It should be public soon.

14. Peace, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012

Peace macrumors Core

Peace

And you got this new information where ?

[edit] you are correct but there is no mention of July 31st. [/edit]

Attached Files:

15. mamabyrd thread starter macrumors newbie

Just wanted to post an update to my original post...

The site was down by all counts, on all my devices from 7:30-11:30pm, and then up again with no issues. Been that way since.

My missing ipad was not such a fortunate conclusion... but luckily, "find my ipad" worked it's magic. After tracking it to a residence about 1/4 mile from my house, calling the non-emergency number to have a police officer help us get it back, at about midnight the police officer knocked on our door with smashed iPad in hand. Turns out I was right, I DID forget it on the roof of my car (darnit!!) and a young man had picked it up already run over by the cars behind me. Even though the screen was unbelievably smashed up and the buttons all missing, when he plugged it in to see if there was anyway to see an active screen and any ownership info, the cellular data triangulated its location and it popped up as found by my icloud account. Hooray for the "find my...", boo for leaving it on the roof of my car.