Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

According to Apple's System Status page, a small number of users are having ongoing issues with some iCloud services, including iCloud Backup, iCloud Drive, iCloud Notes, iCloud Web Apps, iWork for iCloud, and Photos.

Apple says less than 0.04 percent of users are affected by the iCloud problems, with those users experiencing "slower than normal performance." The iCloud slowdowns may be due to an Amazon Web Services outage that is affecting multiple websites and web services this morning.

systemstatus-800x413.jpg

Over the weekend, Apple updated the look of its System Status page, and the company now provides additional information on individual services that are experiencing problems. Prior to the update, Apple used a status bar at the bottom of the page to relay problems, but now each service can be clicked for an individual report that better outlines what's going on.

The page also provides a better look at past incidents that have since been resolved. It is not clear when today's iCloud problems will clear up, but customers experiencing issues should keep an eye on the System Status page for updates.

Update: Additional services are experiencing issues, including Apple Music, the App Store, Apple TV, and more.

Update 2: The Amazon Web Services outage has ended and Apple's System Status page now suggests all Apple services are functioning as normal.

Article Link: Some Users Experiencing Issues With iCloud Services [Updated]

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
Speaking of iCloud, can't believe I still need an Outlook, Gmail, etc, account in order to use my Apple ID. Why can't my @icloud.com account be my one and only? :(

bsbeamer

macrumors 601
Sep 19, 2012
This is a fairly widespread issue today and is either being under reported or incorrectly reported by monitoring services and status pages. Hope they find and fix the issue soon.

netwalker

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2007
Interesting their status all shows "A OK" but message up top and various other sites say they are having issues.
Their own status page depended on S3. :eek:
That has been fixed now and it now correctly reports which services are down.

Reactions: sbailey4

MN7119

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2011
Cannot update apps on my iPhone. Tried wifi and LTE and not success. I have over 10 apps that are showing updates available since this morning but I get the message "Unable to Download Apps". :(

PeteLP

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2008
I just googled to see why my firetv was claiming no internet for amazon video but showing no problems for nextfilx.

I found several of the standard "is it down" sites and THOSE sites were down themselves. But other sites were fine. I'm thinking there's some big part of the internent down and continued searching and found this thread on MR.

So looks pretty clear that AWS is effecting many sites and no doubt apple.

Zoddino

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
App updates are broken for me too, at first i rebooted it thinking it was my wifi or the phone :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.