iCloud sets off alarms everywhere!

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by majordude, Mar 23, 2012.

1. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

I set up alarms in iCal to remind me to take pills twice a day. The damn thing goes off on my Mac, iPad, iPhone... You name it! Is there a way to set it to alarm on certain devices only?

2. jburns macrumors regular

Did you take your pills?

3. Shayna79 macrumors newbie

Lol :D

4. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

When you create a new event you should be able to choose which calendar(s) it appears on.

5. brand macrumors 601

brand

Create a calendar that does not sync across all of your devices or create a calendar and only sync it on the devices that you what the alarms on.

6. leftofseinfeld macrumors newbie

is this really the only way to do this?

I just got my first iphone today and synched it with my MBPs iCal. And every time an alert pops up on my laptop, it goes off on the iPhone too.

Is there anyway to be able to see my MBPs work calendar through iCloud on my iPhone, but not have the alerts transfer over to the phone?

7. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

The whole idea between iCal and syncing with the iCloud is so that you have one calendar being used across all your devices. You enter an event or appointment once and go on. I don't think you can pick and choose which device an alarm will go off on, and which it won't. I think you get all or nothing.

If they let you pick and choose then you'd have more people upset because they made an appointment with one device and the alarm didn't go off on the other etc.