iCloud Settings not Showing "Safari"

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by andrewbley, Jul 18, 2013.

1. andrewbley macrumors newbie

Hello! While pouring over Google searches and troubleshooting threads trying to figure out why my iCloud Tabs doesn't work in Safari on my Mac, I realized that in System Preferences in the iCloud tab, I do not have a checkbox marked "Safari." Instead, I have a checkbox with the Safari icon marked "Bookmarks." Every other person I've seen on the internet has this checkbox labeled "Safari" rather than "Bookmarks," and I suspect this may be at least part of my problem.

I've tried signing out and back into iCloud on my Mac, and to no avail. There are no updates for either Safari or my OS. I'm running OSX 10.7.5 on a Mid-2010 Macbook Pro. I'll upload a picture as well so you can see "Bookmarks" instead of "Safari" listed.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks so much!
    Andrew

Attached Files:

2. samh macrumors 6502

Apple says nothing is wrong: iCloud synchronizes your open tabs in Safari across your Macs with OS X Mountain Lion [10.8.x] installed and your devices with iOS 6. (emphasis added)

3. andrewbley thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah, so my OS isn't new enough to do this. Such a simple solution, can't believe I missed it! Thank you so much for your help!

Looks like I'll be waiting till 10.9 comes out to use some of these iCloud features. Appreciate the help!

Andrew