iCloud sharing

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by swindmiller, Sep 26, 2014.

1. swindmiller macrumors member

Sorry if this has been asked before but I don't really know how to search for what i want. Right now we have 1 shared itunes account for apps and music and each have our own icloud account for Facetime, iMessage and backup.
    Now that addition iCloud storage is so much cheaper we would like to upgrade the storage and share that storage.
    Is it possible to share one iCloud account for backup with separate Facetime and iMessage accounts on each device?

Ideally I would just upgrade the account we use for iTunes and have everyone use that. They would just continue using their existing accounts for iMessage and Facetime.

Will this work?

Thanks,
    Scott

2. hbennis macrumors member

hbennis

Yes and No

The good thing in your case is that you can use the account you currently use for iTunes as your Admin account with Family sharing to all of you. This setup would allow you to reduce the hassle of switching back account while enjoying and sharing all the purchases the iTunes account has.

The problem, and my question to everyone as well, is whether it's possible to share iCloud storage, say can people under "Family Sharing" share: 1) iCloud for iOS backups, and 2) iCloud Drive storage??

Many unanswered questions remain wrt to iCloud :confused: