Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NullAll

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
Hello All,

I am wondering about the following scenario:

I am on the go, say on a vacation spot, I am taking tons of videos and photos with my iphone5 unitl it fills up on me.

Theoretically I would like to use my iCloud storage space to upload my files (=videos and photos only for this example only) ON THE GO !! either on WIFI or LTE and be able to start taking new pictures and videos once again...

Please let me know if this is indeed possible and if so, how???

This would be awesome and would be basically an alternate solution to having to buy a bigger capacity phone (in this limited sense).Of course less convenient a bit, but could work perfectly.

Thanks, curiously awaiting!

NullAll

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
use dropbox (or any of the other cloud storage services).

THanks, I will look into it.
So, just to clarify, are saying these storage devices work effectively to upload my camera roll to them ON THE GO, then erase the camera roll content on my iphone and start taking brand new images without wiping off the uploaded ones and all of this while not having to connect to any computer, just only using my iphone?

thanks

NullAll

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
THanks, I will look into it.
So, just to clarify, are saying these storage devices work effectively to upload my camera roll to them ON THE GO, then erase the camera roll content on my iphone and start taking brand new images without wiping off the uploaded ones and all of this while not having to connect to any computer, just only using my iphone?

thanks

THanks! Dropbox works exactly as intended above!

laudern

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
yeah icloud isnt really ideal for remote storage with the iPhone. It's more of a image backup. What you have on the phone is what you have on iCloud kinda deal

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.