iCloud storage almost full -- why?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by nheilweil, Jun 18, 2014.

1. nheilweil macrumors 6502a

nheilweil

I can't turn on iCloud Photo Library because it says I don't have enough storage available and my iCloud Storage 5 GB says I only have 1.7 GB free.

But I don't have backups on (and didn't in iOS 7 either) and my Docs & Data are only 89 MB.

Anyone have any ideas? I can't free anything up since it doesn't show anything is in there!

2. farawaybrothers macrumors member

Same here! it says I used 2-3GB of storage but don't have an icloud backup, I only have those few MBs of documents and data

3. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

How many emails do you have in your iCloud inbox?

4. nheilweil thread starter macrumors 6502a

nheilweil

Good idea but not much in there and that's my confusion, I have no idea what could be taking up space.

Attached Files:

5. nheilweil thread starter macrumors 6502a

nheilweil

Discovered that even though I couldn't free up that space, the Apple Dev site provides 50 GB free iCloud storage for dev's until the fall so that's given me enough space to turn on iCloud Phiti Library which was the goal.

6. ErikGrim macrumors 68040

ErikGrim

Where in the dev centre do you activate the 50GB free? Am I blind?

Never mind, found it. Have to log in to developer.icloud.com/#storage. And it doesn’t work as my iCloud ID is not my developer account. Ugh.

7. nheilweil thread starter macrumors 6502a

nheilweil

When I installed the beta Windows iCloud software, it installed an iCloud Drive folder on my PC which is cool. And interestingly, it gave me more details as to the contents it thinks is in there.

The mysterious 3GB is Photos and Videos which is in there even if I don't turn on Photos from iCloud. There's only a couple docs in there.

No idea where that could be coming from or, worse, why I can't clear it out. It's not like there's photos or videos that I can see!

8. OriolesMagic macrumors member