Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digitalcuriosity

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2015
My iCloud backup of documents is taking up to much room, i don't find where i can see just what files are in it.
Any in sight to dealing with iCloud will be very helpful.

Seems most of the backup is for my iPhone, what is it backing up on the phone?

Last edited:

norge

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2010
For the backup you can see it under:

In the settings under where your name is => iCloud => manage storage => backups => the deveined you are currently on

On this place you are also able to deselect apps from the backup (only the contentthe apps are not backups instead are downloaded if you restore)

digitalcuriosity

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2015
What version of iOS are you running?
[doublepost=1541346698][/doublepost]
For the backup you can see it under:

In the settings under where your name is => iCloud => manage storage => backups => the deveined you are currently on

On this place you are also able to deselect apps from the backup (only the contentthe apps are not backups instead are downloaded if you restore)
I find it is backing up files from my phone both Photos and Documents, in the Photo it's Photos&Documents is it doing both in Photos?

digitalcuriosity

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2015
You can drill down into iCloud to see and delete the large documents if you don’t want them.

Settings - Your Name - iCloud - Manage Storage - iCloud Drive - Documents

You can also stop docs from being backed up as the previous poster mentioned.

I have drilled down to the documents but don't find where i can just pick some, see i can delete them all and stop the backing up.

gatorknight904

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Dallas/Ft. Worth
I have drilled down to the documents but don't find where i can just pick some, see i can delete them all and stop the backing up.

Screenshot what you are seeing. You should be able to swipe left to delete. iCloud Drive isn’t the only place where documents are hiding. .pdfs could be iBooks as well for an example.

cjrulli

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2010
I've always been confused with something revolving around iCloud and backups. Is it redundant to backup photos and have photos sync with iCloud?

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I've always been confused with something revolving around iCloud and backups. Is it redundant to backup photos and have photos sync with iCloud?
If you have iCloud Photo Library enabled, then iCloud Backup skips the photos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.