iCloud storage still full even I deleted stuff

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by aldenh, Jul 27, 2015.

1. aldenh macrumors newbie

Hi to everybody here following this site closely but first time to post something. I tried searching everywhere to resolve this problem but no luck that's why I decided to create a new thread. My brother recently saved all his iphone 6 16Gb photos and videos on the pc, to free up some space and now only has around 150Mb of photos and lots of free space on his iphone but icloud (free 5Gb) is still showing 3Gb used in the icloud photos library section even when you login into icloud on the PC it still shows 3Gb used instead of around 150Mb like on the iphone.He tried everything resetting deleting everything from iphone no help. iCloud keeps reporting 3gb used in photos library even though he deleted everything iphone storage is fine and all normal showing only 150Mb. Any suggestion would be very helpful. Thanks

2. markhort macrumors 6502a

markhort

Go to -
    Settings - iCloud - Storage - Manage Storage

This should give you a list of everything which is stored in his iCloud account - Photo's, backups and documents and data. From experience it's either going to be photo's or backups which is using the space.

3. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

Not sure if this affects it but is iCloud photo library off? What about photo stream?

4. aldenh thread starter macrumors newbie

photo stream is off I went to manage icloud photo library is showing 3gb like before he deleted the files.When he goes into icloud photos only those few photos he left in icloud like around 150Mb are there but icloud storage under photo library still showing 3Gb. That's the issue

5. markhort macrumors 6502a

markhort

So have you checked to see what is using the space as I mentioned above. If you don't have access to his iPhone, ask him to log into iCloud.com and go to settings, it'll give you a break down like this -

Just want to confirm it's defiantly photo's which is taking up the space and not something else. Also is that the only device he is signed into that Apple ID with, no other devices like iPads etc

Attached Files:

6. aldenh thread starter macrumors newbie

7. markhort macrumors 6502a

markhort

So there's no other devices signed in with the same Apple ID? and on the iPhone under Manage storage it's only showing 150mb used?

8. aldenh thread starter macrumors newbie

He has only one apple device so no other devices or apple ids or old backups

9. markhort macrumors 6502a

markhort

I would make a genius appointment. I've ran out of ideas. Sorry about that.

10. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

Perhaps try calling apple care to save yourself a trip.

11. markhort macrumors 6502a

markhort

Yeah or try that first. I've never called Apple about anything, as we have a Apple store about 10 minutes from home. I forget sometimes that many people don't have that luxury.