Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
Do you think iCloud will also act a music streaming service? Because if you're like me, then you can't fit all of your music on a 32gb iPhone.

No, but it's the next best thing. If you decide you want to play something you bought from iTunes or do the iTunes Match service, you can have access to all of your music for download. I also think a lot of us would rather not rely on Internet connections for music all of the time, especially with companies going toward limited data plans. I just pick and choose what's on my phone, but now I can use iCloud to download stuff I bought but didn't sync.

Kahnyl

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
If you're like me, then you can't fit all of your music inside a monthly data allowance.

whtrbt7

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2011
No streaming music on iCloud. If you're looking to stream music or videos, try orb.com. I stream my entire music and video collection using it.

teiresias

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2007
No, but it's the next best thing. If you decide you want to play something you bought from iTunes or do the iTunes Match service, you can have access to all of your music for download. I also think a lot of us would rather not rely on Internet connections for music all of the time, especially with companies going toward limited data plans. I just pick and choose what's on my phone, but now I can use iCloud to download stuff I bought but didn't sync.

That's not really very novel though, since Google Music (not sure about Amazon) allows you to cache anything you want to your device (assuming its running a native application interface to Google Music, ie. is an Android device - I don't think this works using the web interface). The caching is essentially the same thing as downloading via iCloud, and you can cache everything you really no you'll want access to while you're on a WiFi connection if you want.

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
I knew it was going to be one or the other...either iTunes re-downloads or Streaming service. I was praying for iTunes re-downloads but not holding my breath since that was such a stretch to imagine that becoming real...

...but yet here it is. It's the best thing that has ever happened in the history of the iTunes store.

In the first two days I recovered about $200 worth of music that I lost at one point.

Now if only they can add Movies and Tv shows...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.