iCloud Sync and My Mac - Not Working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lbeck, Oct 5, 2011.

1. lbeck macrumors 6502

lbeck

I tried out iOS5 and I love it, everything works great except for keeping contacts and safari bookmarks in sync with my iPad, iPhone and mac.

I would like all my contacts to stay in sync on all devices (iPad and iPhone) and my mac address book. The problem is that they only sync on my devices, not my mac.

If I add a new contact on my iPhone, it syncs with iCloud and shows up on my iPad, but not on my Mac. If I add a new contact in my address book on my mac and then sync, it shows up on my devices. I just can't get it to happen the other way around even if I sync. Apple's site says you can add contacts on your phone and they instantly get sent to your Mac and your iPad. Mine only go to my iPad, and yes every device and computer is hooked up to wifi.

I've tried selecting "Sync Address Book" in iTunes as well but new information will not show up in my Address Book.

For bookmarks, when I add a new bookmark in Safari on my mac, it use to show up on my devices once I synced. That won't happen now, new bookmarks won't show up. And if I make a new safari bookmark on my phone or iPad, it only shows up on the other device, it won't show up on my Mac even after I sync.

So basically, my devices are only syncing up with one another and not including my mac as they should.

Has anyone else had this experience? Any ideas on what to do? I thought this was suppose to "just work"?

2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

3. lbeck thread starter macrumors 6502

lbeck

Oh, that will solve the issue? I sure hope so, what a pain in the butt, wasted half a day doing this!

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Yes, iCloud is not supported in 10.7.1,

5. Cougarcat macrumors 604

You can find the 10.7.2 GM if you google. Otherwise, it'll be out next Wednesday.

6. lbeck thread starter macrumors 6502

lbeck

Whats the difference between the combo or delta upgrade?

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Example:

If you are going from OS X 10.7.0 to 10.7.1, then you will get the Delta update, but if you skipped .1 and are going straight to .2 (.3, .4 etc) from 10.7.0, then you need the combo update (its a bundle of all of the updates into one).

8. lbeck thread starter macrumors 6502

lbeck

Thank you my good man! I'm on 10.7.1 so I can get the delta. So glad this will fix my syncing woes, what a pain. I was laughing at apple since they said "it just works", but it wasn't just working. Turns out, I'm the reason why :)

Thanks!

9. Qoo macrumors 6502

what if i am running OS X 10.7.1 and upgrading to 10.7.2 GM which file do i need? Combo? or Delta?

Thanks

10. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Delta.

Combo is only if you've missed more than one update.

11. Qoo macrumors 6502

Thank you very much for your answer, i will try to install tonight :D