iCloud Sync - Contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by uk102, Mar 4, 2012.

1. uk102 macrumors newbie

I have been able to synchronize all my Outlook Contacts with my 4S, however the problem now is that for each contact on my phone & iCloud the home/office address has now entered twice. I have nearly 4000 contacts and can not possibly go through each one and delete the extra addresses from within the same contact.

Any ideas?

2. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

I hate to tell you this, but it would have been best to eliminate Outlook and just use iCloud for email and contacts. Simplifies life immeasurably.

You may find an option in the front of your contacts that will allow you to ust view the Outlook contacts, not the entire list of contacts currently being stored on your device.

When iCloud was first launched, I had all my contacts/email/calendar in Gmail. Ended up with a total mess in Contacts, but I did discover this option to view specific lists. That did take care of the immediate problem, but ultimately, I lost ALL my calendar entries. At that point, I took the time to shift entirely to iCloud. PITA, but no problems since.