iCloud sync (files exclusion)

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by dcaccount, Sep 21, 2016.

1. dcaccount macrumors regular

Hello,

I have just installed OS X Sierra. I find very interesting the possibility to sync Documents and Desktop folders with iCloud.

However I would like to exclude some files and folders from the synchronization.

Is that possible? Please advise.
    Thanks,
    daniele

2. satinsilverem2 macrumors 6502a

satinsilverem2

iCloud doesn't support selective sync. Its either all or nothing with iCloud Drive.

3. tom123 macrumors regular

tom123

Yeah bummer, I have house bills in my documents folder. (and some large video files, EyeTV). I could move them, but so many apps use the documents folder to store stuff. Too bad you couldn't choose "Documents 2" to share, and maybe the desktop. :)

4. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

So I'm driving home today and get a call from an unknown number in San Jose, CA. I normally never answer these but this one I did. It was someone from Tim Cook's Executive team calling me about an email I wrote to Tim a month ago regarding this same issue.

I blew through my Comcast cap because of files that were syncing. I told him there needs to be an option to exclude files/folders. I also brought up that you can't left swipe in Notification Center any more to delete emails in iOS 10.

Needless to say, I was shocked.

Anyway, he said they've been asked to give this back to the Development Team for review and possibly implement.