iPhone iCloud Sync problems. Please Help^^

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by oopsroger, May 28, 2015.

1. oopsroger, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015

oopsroger macrumors regular

oopsroger

I've recently experienced problems iniCloud syncing between my Mac (10.10.2) and iPhone (8.3).

Whenever I make changes on the iPhone (be it calendars, contacts, notes), changes will almost instantly apply to my Mac, which is good. However, whenever I make changes on my mac (which is far more convenient), changes will not appear on my iPhone UNLESS I make some other changes on iPhone.

For example:

(I) After making changes to contact A on mac, I will not see changes in A on iPhone UNLESS I make changes to contact B on iPhone (which will sync back to my Mac, but I don't need that change.)

Similarly,

(II) After adding an event on Mac, I will not see the event on iPhone UNLESS I create a ghost event on my iPhone, which I will have to delete again.

This is driving me nuts. Anyone experiencing similar problems?

2. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

I have been having terrible issues lately as well. Contacts seems to be the most troublesome offender. Whenever I make a new contact or changes to an existing one on my iPhone it doesn't do anything on my iPad. Haven't tried to see if making changes on the iPad forces the new info to sync from the iPhone, though. Very annoying.

3. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Sorry to double post, but I have just confirmed that I am having the EXACT same issue. However, it is between my iPhone and my iPad, with the sync being essentially "one-way" from my iPad to my iPhone. Changes I make on my iPhone do not appear on my iPad. Changes that I make on my iPad appear perfectly fine on my iPhone. The changes that were made on my iPhone do not apply to the iPad until I go in and modify something to "wake up" the iPad and make it retreive data from the iPhone.

I will be searching the web for a fix. In the meantime, I would try signing out of iCloud on both devices for a day or so, then sign back in and see if that settles things.

An odd thing I've noticed on top of all this is that my iPhone has used an abnormal amount of data this month for "Documents and Sync." Usually, less than like 20MB is used per month. This month, around 150MB of "Documents and Sync" has been used over cellular connection. I'm at 90% for my allotted usage for the month, and am not going to be excited if this dumb iCloud issue forces me to turn off cellular for a few days before the data resets on the 9th of June.