iCloud tab sync question

Patriks7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
Vienna
Wasn't sure where to post this, so I'll try my luck here.

One of the features I'm starting to love is the new tab sync. I use this between my iPhone and iPad a lot. However, I have not been able to set this up on my Mac as I want to have different bookmarks on my Mac and my iOS devices. Anybody know of a way to set this up so that my bookmarks won't be synced but I can still have the tabs show up on all my devices?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Wasn't sure where to post this, so I'll try my luck here.

One of the features I'm starting to love is the new tab sync. I use this between my iPhone and iPad a lot. However, I have not been able to set this up on my Mac as I want to have different bookmarks on my Mac and my iOS devices. Anybody know of a way to set this up so that my bookmarks won't be synced but I can still have the tabs show up on all my devices?
Nope... it is all part of syncing Safari. Bookmarks and tabs all at once.

Comment

Patriks7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
Vienna
Nope... it is all part of syncing Safari. Bookmarks and tabs all at once.
Hmm damn, well looks like I'll have to set up my bookmarks in a way that make sense for all my devices... Thanks for the help :)

Comment

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Hmm damn, well looks like I'll have to set up my bookmarks in a way that make sense for all my devices... Thanks for the help :)
I made a Safari bookmarks folder "iPhone bookmarks" with just mobile sites etc so it is easier to find on the iPhone. Works out okay.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.