iCloud tabs either doesn't work or is really slow

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Feltzem, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Feltzem macrumors regular

Getting pretty frustrated with this. Every other aspect of iCloud works fine for me, except iCloud tabs. Right now for example I have 2 tabs open on my iPad. My iPhone running iOS 6 and MacBook running Mountain Lion only show one of them. I have 2 tabs open on my iPhone, neither my iPad or MacBook show them. Sometimes it works, although its hit and miss.

I've tried hard rebooting all three, turning on and off wi-fi, turning on and off Safari in iCloud settings, and nothing is working. If it takes a minute or two to update, it makes the feature completely pointless. Last night I was reading an article on my iPhone and wanting to continue reading it on my iPad. I opened the iCloud tabs popover and the tab wasn't there, I waited about 2 minutes, it didn't show up. I tried it on my MacBook, it took about a minute to show up.

I don't understand why something like this doesn't work properly. What can I do to get it working? Do I have to restore all my devices, or completely delete then re-sync iCloud? I restored my iPad just last week, and only just got my iPhone 2 weeks ago.

----------

I guess this is more iCloud related than iOS 6. Not sure if I can move this thread.

2. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

Only someone with access to your devices can debug this ... rest can just speculate ... however, just a hunch, try coming out of Safari and then check other device after a few seconds to see if you have those tabs