Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stsanford

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2008
Long Island, NY
Thought it was working, appears that I can see my 2nd mac and iPhone, but cannot see my new MacBook Pro or my iPad... Screwy and certainly not fixed...

moebis

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Slovakia
Did the new updates fix anything for anyone?

Nope... first thing I checked after updating Big Sur and iOS. Support called me back about 10 times in a row when I was on another call, I replied in the ticket a more appropriate time and they never called back. I have no idea why Apple insists on such an inconvenient support method.

alfmoonspace

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2010
I am not seeing my iPhone's of my MacBook Air on iCloud. Not synced tabs as of right now. M1 MacBook Air and 12 Pro max and mini.

otmar

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2020
same here on 11.1.
Did you restore OS through "Migrate Assistant" to Macs Silicon or install new version of Big Sur?
Maybe migration does it issue?

Sabresoft

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2020
This is not a new problem. I was scanning for more information on this, and found an Apple support page talking about the same type of problem in 2017 with iOS 10.2 and Mac OS 10.10.5. It seems that as systems are upgraded that the tab synching breaks.

Sabresoft

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2020
I have been running a VPN because of problems between my ISP network and a server where I host some websites and email, with anything on that other server being unavailable 30-50% of the time, except when I use the VPN and then the connections are almost always 100%. I have tried the iCloud tab syncing both with and without VPN service and have seen no difference.

Would iCloud syncing require that a specific port be open?

dr.banzai

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2020
I just updated Safari to the version 14.0.2 (15610.3.7.1.10, 15610). I'm using Catalina (10.15.7) and iOS 14.3. The problem persists. I can see the tabs from/in each device sometimes, but if I want to open or close one of them, they all disappear.

Reactions: ouimetnick

srbNYC

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2020
New York, NY
They appear and disappear at will. Although I kinda sort think that when they appear on one device (MacBook), they don't show on the other (iPhone), and vice versa. Not sure if that's an actual circumstance or just what happens sometimes. But I miss them, either way.

BrooklynTigers

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2020
Now my tools in Safari stopped working too. Cannot click the Cloud or the Starting page. Anyone with similar problems?

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Please report it to Apple. Posting on here is going to do nothing unfortunately. Hopefully, the more they are pestered with this issue, the more likely they are to fix it… Well, in theory. This is Apple after all.

amrabari

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2012
Saudi Arabia
I just opened a case about this .. and went on 1-hour call and chatting with apple support .. I even did a screen share and showed them this forum post and many people is having the same issue .. but the agent said that since it's not apple support forum then she can't confirm it ..

anyway, she said she will check with the engineering department and let me know back .. will let you know if anything happened ..

vegetassj4

macrumors 68000
Oct 16, 2014
As long as a small minority of users are the only one that care about QC, apple won't give a damn. I have had continuing problems with the majority of my Apple devices over the last few years (I have over 10). Sometimes the issues get fixed magically in updates, sometimes the fixes are spelled out, sometimes the features having problems are depracated.

My initial return to Mac/Apple/iPhone after decades of PC/Blackberry use was great. Things worked as they should for months on end (at least for me) - almost seemless integration. Now, I have to frequently troubleshoot, reboot, search a forum, etc. When something get's relatively stable ---- oooh new feature, new security update, new OS --- things get unstable again -- rinse and repeat.

In fact, the main reasons I got into the ecosystem are almost all gone.
  • I Moved From iTunes to Plex
  • I Moved from Apple TV to Roku
  • Anyone remember when you could just plug your iPhone into power, and iTunes would wake the Mac and everything would sync...long gone.
  • BTMM turned terrible for years, deprecated...now using Wireguard on a Raspberry Pi
  • Multiple issues on Macs, usually with Wake, External Raid, VNC, and bluetooth.
Hasn't been all bad (especially the stock price, but I can own that and use another device).

However, does another company offer anything to compete? Seems like Apple is staying ahead of the competition, but cost cutting QC. May be a good business model for now, but it sure is irritating.

I sure wish I was one of the ones who claim they almost never have any problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.