Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
I’m on a iPhone 7 on 13.7 and my 2017 MacBook Pro is on Mojave.

When I use a tab on safari on the Mac then close it sometimes it shows up on the phone for a few days and I have to keep closing on the phone but after a few times of closing it it eventually goes away for good. Is this the same problem you guys are describing?

I'm seriously starting to miss Scott Forstall. We did not have this problem back in the days. Ya'll know who he is.

1609053373166.png

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
It may be a Big Sur issue, affecting some devices/accounts and may well not be.
It is not a Big Sur only issue!
You can find a lot of reports from Catalina/Mojave users having same issues.

It's a server related issue! But Apple does not care - as often. They say, there is no problem on their side.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
Guys, is this server issue also affecting iCloud mail syncing across devices? My mail on iPhone is not syncing across to my iPad. If I delete an email on iPhone it remains on the iPad.

the apples system status page states today that there are no issues!!!

EDIT: just realised that if I delete emails on the iPad they also delete on my phone. So it's just if I delete on phone that they also don't delete on iPad. Strange!

Last edited:

spenat28

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2020
Wow this morning I got a long list of iPhone tabs on my Mac—from weeks ago (as witnessed by one them being the iOS 14.3 Beta 1 thread right here on MacRumors!
I have same issue, experienced this couple days ago.
Before update to new iOS and Big Sur - same issue.
After update, same issue.

It's very frustrating.
Is there any way we can report this issue to Apple other then sending it through feedback assistant one person at a time?
(i didn't find anything useful in that area ... except using feedback assistant ...: https://tidbits.com/2020/06/17/how-to-report-bugs-to-apple-so-they-get-fixed/ )

Reactions: srbNYC

xtac

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2016
I still can't believe im having this issue, what is apple doing? is it going to be deprecated?

gearboxsg

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2020
They know about it, but they don't care. Big difference ;)
Yeah. One employee tells me they know and are actively looking into it. The next one tells me not found in system. Another tells me it’s not their system so nothing can be done on their end.

Reactions: bsmr

furou

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2019
I’m also experiencing this issue, I used to rely quite often on synced tabs.
I’ve noticed similar problems related to iCloud syncing between my iPhone and iPad with regards to mail - changes like read or deleted messages on one device aren’t reflected on the other device until I open the mail app. Same with calendar where I might change an appointment’s time on my iPad and then miss it because I forgot to open calendar on the iPhone and wait until it syncs.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
I’ve noticed similar problems related to iCloud syncing between my iPhone and iPad with regards to mail - changes like read or deleted messages on one device aren’t reflected on the other device until I open the mail app. Same with calendar where I might change an appointment’s time on my iPad and then miss it because I forgot to open calendar on the iPhone and wait until it syncs.
For me, on mail, if I delete or an email on my iPhone it doesn't cut across to my iPad or Mac. But if I delete or read on iPad or Mac it cuts across to my iPhone. Weird! Can anyone explain this?

Violet_Antelope

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2020
I experience it too, although for my *personal* workflow it's only a minor inconvenience. It must be absolutely maddening for those who like to rely on it. For me, iPhone 11 pro Max latest update, iPad pro latest update, 2016 MacBook on Catalina. All display the problem, so definitely on Apple's end not just one update.

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
For me, on mail, if I delete or an email on my iPhone it doesn't cut across to my iPad or Mac. But if I delete or read on iPad or Mac it cuts across to my iPhone. Weird! Can anyone explain this?
You should open a separate thread on that.... otherwise this will be lost here.

Reactions: scouser75

johny5

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2007
UK
Its a plus 1 from me......

My cloud tabs were spurious since Big sur, I have 4 devices, iMac, MacBook, iPhone 12 and iPad pro.

The iMac stopped syncing, and then the iPad pro, strangely up until today the MacBook and iPhone 12 were still "ok".
Until I called apple, they got me to do all the normal stuff of signing out, unticking cloud sync etc and now, no device syncs the tabs :(
They say they are aware of the issue, but this has been over a month now :/

torifile

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2020
I’ve had this problem for a while and I decided to try to fix it. I didn’t do fine grained troubleshooting but went whole hog on it.
On my iPhone:

- Turned off safari syncing in iCloud prefs; deleted all items from my iPhone when prompted
- cleared website data from Safari in settings
- closed all open tabs on my iphone
- force quit safari on the phone
- launch safari again
- force quit it again
- turn on iCloud safari syncing

That fixed it for now.

djlythium

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2014
???????? THIS! Basically, core operations that require background syncing are broken.

At this point, everyone, best not to rely on Apple to fix this stuff. It’s clear they don’t care at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.