iCloud Updates During Sleep?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by skitzogreg, Mar 13, 2012.

1. skitzogreg macrumors 6502

skitzogreg

I'm likely to expect a barrage of of, "lol's" over this question, but I'm okay with that. I have a relatively slow home internet connection; 1.5mbps runs the household. I'm noticing when I'm testing out iCloud, there is significant lag between the phone and my computer for obvious reasons. I haven't tested this from a distance yet, which is what I'm about to do. However, I constantly let my Mac sleep. Will there by any way for iCloud to send new songs, videos, or bookmarks when the computer is in sleep mode? Obviously it can't accept the files while the computer is sleeping, but it there a wake-on function where iCloud will wake your computer up to download the files?

2. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

My answer is NO ... reason being lets say there are files available and the computer wakes up to download ... then does it sleep immediately again or wait for the timeout ..

Secondly, while sleeping no APP is active like that, only way to wake it up is by WOL signal and that will have to be kind of push notification or something coming from iCloud servers ... trust me .. you will not see this happening :) (If someone needs reasons, just think of accessiblity of your PC/Mac over routers and ISP lines directly !!!)