iCloud vs. iTunes backup to set up iPhone 7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KG87, Sep 14, 2016.

1. KG87 macrumors newbie

Now that iCloud backups are also encrypted and include health and activity data, are there any differences between the two methods? Are the iTunes restores generally quicker because they don't rely on a wifi connection?

Work's guest wifi is very poor, so I may bring my Mac along and plug in for restore on Friday morning unless there is a real benefit to using the iCloud backup.

2. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

iTunes will be much faster. You would have to go to iTunes anyway if you want your music local on your device. I don't believe iCloud backs up your music and downloading a lot of music files from iTunes Music or Apple Music (or whatever they are calling it this week) is very time and battery consuming. Of course, I could be wrong lol

3. bkrbyndr macrumors newbie

bkrbyndr

I was using iCloud and I restored my phone yesterday. It took about 2-3 hours to get all apps and pictures from my iCloud but I have like 10500 pictures 400-500 videos and so many apps

4. PBGamer89 macrumors member

I use the iTunes backup because it's a full backup and I don't have the room on iCloud for a full backup there.