iCloud with iPhone and Mac computers

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by conamor, Aug 17, 2014.

1. conamor macrumors 6502

conamor

Good day all,

It says on my device that my iCloud storage is full, so no backup could be made.

My photos and videos taken with my iPhone are stored automatically on my iMac aperture. I was wondering, if I delete the videos from the phone, will they delete from the mac? or they will stay on the computer?

Thanks

2. JenniferStevens macrumors newbie

Since iMac aperture is independent from iCloud, if you have it set that your photos & videos are automatically saved into that software, they should continue to do that regardless of your iCloud settings or storage over-capacity issues.

Since your iCloud storage is full, if you want to be safe, you could also try making a new "local" backup on your machine to save / backup the info from your device that you need. To do this simply navigate in your iTunes to the "Backups" screen and then temporarily disable automatic backup to iCloud and select back up to "this computer" instead. You can re-enable iCloud backup whenever you choose.

3. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I would back up the ones on your Mac to a DVDr and External drive. Delete those on your iPhone.

Also look at the games thats stored on iCloud too. You can delete the saved games to give you a little space.

4. howardleduck macrumors newbie

Deleting photos from photo stream will remove them from photo stream on every device. It will NOT free up iCloud storage space. You need to either delete old backups (if there are any), export pictures from your phone and then delete them from camera roll to make your backup smaller, or buy more iCloud storage. In the meantime, back up through iTunes.