iPhone iCloud won't backup

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by AbSoluTc, Jun 23, 2015.

1. AbSoluTc macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

Just noticed today that since the install of beta 1, my phone has not backed up to iCloud. I did a manual backup today but it failed, three times on two different wifi networks. Anyone else have this issue? I want to backup before I move to B2.

2. rodknocker macrumors 6502

iCloud Backup is working now in Beta 2. I'm making a backup at the moment.

3. AbSoluTc thread starter macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

Good to hear. I am backing up via iTunes now just in case before I update to B2.

4. ZomBee macrumors member

ZomBee

Had a similar issue. Backup also states it's 0kb. I believe this is a known issue. I did a manual backup via iTunes to be safe. ;)

5. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

I never liked iCloud backups because they take hours and hours to restore. The good ole physical cable connection does the job of restoring under one hour.

6. TefaTBob macrumors newbie

TefaTBob

Still broken for me on Beta 2. Also have the issue where there's a Backup that I can't delete now.

7. AbSoluTc thread starter macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

Working for me now. Did a backup. Hopefully still continues as the days pass.

8. TefaTBob macrumors newbie

TefaTBob

Still screwed. There is a 9.8gb backup that it won't let me delete via iOS or OS X, and even though I have 20gb, it says I only have 200 something MB left and there's not enough room to make another backup. So I can't delete, or backup... To top it off every time I try to look at the iPhone in iTunes, iTunes hangs.... Bleh

9. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

Exact same issues here.. iPad won't backup because it says not enough space, ipad backup seems to have vanished from iCloud, along with ~6 gigs of used storage.

10. AbSoluTc thread starter macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

11. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

Neither my iPad or 6 plus backed up to iCloud whilst on Beta1. Would always fail. Now on Beta2 and backups working fine. Not had an issue with orphaned backup files or storage *crosses fingers*

12. TefaTBob, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015

TefaTBob macrumors newbie

TefaTBob

Deleting the contents of /Users/<YOUR HOME FOLDER>/Library/Application Support/iCloud/Accounts allowed my to delete the backup through OSX and then backup on the iPhone. There's still a mystery ~9gb of space being taken up by something unseen.

13. S8ER01Z macrumors member

I was able to delete my backup today without doing anything from OS X 10.11 iCloud panel. I just tried it to see if maybe Apple had fixed something on their end.

Testing backup now.