Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andyhair

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2013
Hi, I just received my new iphone 5 and trying to set it up. My old phone (4) was using ios 6.0.1 and backed up to iCloud but the new one has came pre installed with ios 6.0.2 and won't let me use my backup. Is there any way around this as 6.0.2 isn't available for iphone 4.

Thanks

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Hi, I just received my new iphone 5 and trying to set it up. My old phone (4) was using ios 6.0.1 and backed up to iCloud but the new one has came pre installed with ios 6.0.2 and won't let me use my backup. Is there any way around this as 6.0.2 isn't available for iphone 4.

Thanks

It should let you use your back up. You didn't back up the OS just the files etc.

When you sign in to iCloud when setting the phone up what does it say?

andyhair

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2013
It should let you use your back up. You didn't back up the OS just the files etc.

When you sign in to iCloud when setting the phone up what does it say?

it shows the last two backups that i done but there greyed out and below that it says 'no icloud backups are compatible with the version of ios 6.0.2 on this phone'

Last edited:

NewAnger

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2012
Denver Colorado
it shows the last two backups that i done but there greyed out and below that it says 'no icloud backups are compatible with the version of ios 6.0.2 on this phone'

The only time that a backup won't be able to be used is when the backup was from a newer version os iOS then the one the phone currently has.

I've never seen backups greyed out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.