Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Superman041

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2011
I am running out of space on iCloud, my photos are taking a lot of space. Is there a way I can take the photos on my icloud off as a group without individually selecting them to download?

The Humble Blogger

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2015
St. Cloud, MN
Well what you're going to have to do, is make sure that the photos are saved to your phone for one. And then go into your iCloud storage settings and tell the backup to quit backing up your photos. Or, if you're thinking of iCloud Photo Library, then just turn that setting off in the photos category of your settings.

Superman041

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2011
Well what you're going to have to do, is make sure that the photos are saved to your phone for one. And then go into your iCloud storage settings and tell the backup to quit backing up your photos. Or, if you're thinking of iCloud Photo Library, then just turn that setting off in the photos category of your settings.

If I want to take my photos off icloud ad save them on my mac how do I do this? The images are not in the photos app.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.