iCloud

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by gw0gvq, Jun 25, 2017.

1. gw0gvq, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017

gw0gvq Contributor

gw0gvq

I put a number in my iphone but its only syncing to the contacts onmy mac my mac isnt sncing to icloud I only have the contacts that have already synced.Any help will be grateful. - RESOLVED

2. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

Basic test of iCloud: Go to iCloud.com. What you find will help you determine whether contacts on your iPhone (or Mac) are being successfully pushed to iCloud, and whether the contacts in iCloud are being successfully pushed out.

A couple of more tests:

Make sure your Mac is fully logged into iCloud. Go to System Preferences > iCloud > Account Details. If it asks for your password before revealing Account Details, you weren't fully signed in.

Make sure the contacts on the iPhone are actually in an iCloud Group (iPhone > Contacts > Groups), and make sure all those same groups are present in Contacts on the Mac.

If you expect new contacts to make it into iCloud, rather than, say, Gmail or On This iPhone, make sure that you've selected an iCloud group as the default for new contacts (iPhone: Settings > Contacts >Default Group Mac: Contacts > Preferences > General > Default Account)

3. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

Thanks sorted now gmail was default not icloyd . Thanks again . Thought they may have ben going to gmail but now its been confirmed . I didnt realize they had a default in iphone because at one time they had mail, contacts and Calander grouped together , didn't they ? I knew they were seperate now but wasnt aware of iphone having a default to where the contacts went.

4. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

YW! The situation with defaults was the same when Mail, Contacts, Calendars were lumped together, but perhaps harder to notice, as there were so many more settings to sort through. Calendars also has a default, btw, both now and then.