Icloude will not accept my appleID

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Borisdk, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Borisdk macrumors newbie

Hello!

I'm about to sell my Iphone 5s.
    Therefore I try to delete my Phone, BUT: Itunes requires that I turned off "Find My iPhone" from the phone.
    But there is a problem, iCloud does not accept my AppleID. It writes either the ID or code incorrectly, and I know for sure I type the correct information.
    The funny thing is though that when I try to log into iTunes with my AppleID, it works fine. I've tried to change the e-mail address and setup a new password - nothing works. I can't even delete iCloud from my phone as it say either my ID or code is wrong.
    It is also strange that when I log into iCloud on the web, I can access my page, but when I go to "Find My iPhone" it's not even turned on. It tell me that I must first set up the phone up to this.

Is there any way to delete and restore my phone without using iTunes, or the Phone, or does anyone have an idea what I can do?
    I have updated to iOS 8.1.2.

Thanks for the help.

Johnny

2. Brian Y macrumors 68040

No matter how interesting the stories get, there's no way to bypass FMI activation.

If you're genuinely having trouble removing it, and know your Apple ID and password, visit an Apple store and they will help you remove it.

3. Borisdk thread starter macrumors newbie

4. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

Your going to laugh, but this happened to me and all I had to do was turn off wifi and use data instead and it worked.