Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emmzie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

With our domain coming up for renewal with google apps I am confused on which to go with.

Having both they are both good & bad.

I have found me a bit unstable lately and push emails not coming through at all.

Just wondering out of google apps and me which is more reliable and secure? I am about to start studying & need a reliable email and calendar.

Your views would be appreciated & what will you be using?

melino

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2011
Pluses for iCloud are:

- Reminders sync with iCal and iOS
- Groups sync with address book and iOS

Google will stay ahead when it comes to online features. You can really work with Google Apps with nothing than a browser. iCloud needs offline apps.

iCloud is designed to use it for your private work, Google Apps to work with teams.

rowley

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2008
London, UK
Stick with Google as it also supports legacy kit, machines you cannot upgrade to lion for some reason or another.

emmzie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

No idea ^ what that mesns

rowley

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2008
London, UK
can all your computers upgrade to lion?
can all you iOS devices support iOS5 when it arrives?

If the answer is yes, then iCloud is certainly an option.
Apple won't be supporting iCloud on Snow Leopard, or iOS 4 and earlier

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2008
I'm going to really miss iDisk. Was really easy to map that drive to both my Windows and Mac machines.

Can Google Docs by chance be mapped from either type of computer?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.