icns to rsrc in lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by iheartcowcapoos, Jan 20, 2012.

1. iheartcowcapoos macrumors newbie

has anyone found a program to convert .icns files into .rsrc that works with lion? i used to use icns2rsrc but it was a powerpc application and no longer works and it hasn't been updated. what programs do others use? i'm sure you can guess that i'm trying to convert icons i've made to the proper format to change the icons on my dock. they're all stuck as grey and i wanted to change them all to a purple and gold theme! =(

if there's not a program out there, is there possibly a website that does this? i'd prefer a program so i can work offline if need be.

2. prisstratton macrumors 6502

prisstratton

3. iheartcowcapoos thread starter macrumors newbie

i just tried it, it converts them to .icns, which doesn't work =( i already have them in that format i just need them to convert to .rsrc

Edit: oh wait just kidding, it did convert it to .hqx, which i didn't realize worked.
    only probably is it only lets you convert one at a time and it takes a while to upload it and then convert it, then you have to download the file and then unzip the file.
    i'm usually converting 10-20 at a time, so i feel like this method takes quite a bit of time.. if there's no other way i can live with it, unless someone knows another program?