iComic translation?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Oh My Chester, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Oh My Chester macrumors newbie

how do i translate it? i would like to be able to read what it says in the options and such, i thought i saw somewhere there was something that translated it? If you can help that would be greatly appreciated:D

2. aki macrumors 6502a

There was an English translation patch, but now the version of iComic you can get on Installer.app is the English version already (from memory anyway), so don't need to patch it yourself.

If you can't get it for some reason post again and I'll find teh patch download.

3. Oh My Chester thread starter macrumors newbie

do you know which source? because i downloaded this one recently from the installer and it was jappaneese

4. aki macrumors 6502a

Hm I have like fifty sources or something so the answer is no hahaha... Erm ok here is the site with the patch thing and screenshots http://www.iphoneskinning.com/2007/12/iphone-comic-reader.html.

If I ever find out how to find out what source the English version is from I will post that too...

5. t0mster macrumors newbie

If you open installer, go to uninstall and find iComic, you can click it, scroll down and it will tell you the source info.

6. Oh My Chester thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm i wish i understood how to do what they are saying :( i dont understand how to do that

7. Oh My Chester thread starter macrumors newbie

OMG i ****in did it!! i dont know how.. but i did use that link thanks everyone:D wish i knew what i did:eek:

8. alanor macrumors newbie

I Want Icomic!!!

Ok guys, I'm missing something here...

There is no iComic in my Installer.app list. I'm running firmware version 1.0.2, and I've updated my Installer list... what am I missing?

If theres some other way to get this program onto my iphone, what is it?

Thanks in advance.

9. touchher macrumors regular

10. touchher macrumors regular

11. alanor macrumors newbie

Under Community Sources i have the following:

Conceited Software
    Ste Packaging

I dont see iComic with these subscribed.

How do I add more sources? (I'm sure I did this some time last year, but damned if I can remember how :p)

P.S. I've taken some Japanese, I'll figure that part out ;)

edit: Oh yea, regarding that source link above, I've never actually applied source material directly to my iPhone without 3rd party software before... I mean... I've used iBricker to jailbreak and install installer.app, and then I've pretty much installed from there since then. What am I supposed to do with that source? (please bear with my ignorance)