Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
I have the Elite Pro HD theme installed. I also DL'd the Icon Glow add on. I do not care for the iPod icon on this set as much, though.

When I use iFile to navigate to EPHD Icon Glow.theme > Bundles > com.apple.mobileipod I see a file called "icon-mediaplayer@2xAlt.png" that I would much prefer. My problem is that I do not understand how to make this the icon that is used. Any tips as to how to get this icon to be used instead of the current one? Do I simply need to rename it "icon-mediaplayer@2x.png" - removing the "Alt"?
Thanks.

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
I have the Elite Pro HD theme installed. I also DL'd the Icon Glow add on. I do not care for the iPod icon on this set as much, though.

When I use iFile to navigate to EPHD Icon Glow.theme > Bundles > com.apple.mobileipod I see a file called "icon-mediaplayer@2xAlt.png" that I would much prefer. My problem is that I do not understand how to make this the icon that is used. Any tips as to how to get this icon to be used instead of the current one? Do I simply need to rename it "icon-mediaplayer@2x.png" - removing the "Alt"?
Thanks.

Sure. Just rename the current one without the "Alt" to something else, then remove the "Alt" from the one that you want, and respring. You can always switch back.

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
Sure. Just rename the current one without the "Alt" to something else, then remove the "Alt" from the one that you want, and respring. You can always switch back.

Hm - won't let me remove "Alt" from the file. It says "file name could not be changed". Any suggestions?

Edit: Nevermind - it would not let me add "Alt", so I simply removed "@2x" and renamed the file I wanted - that seemed to work.

Thanks again for the help.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.