Icon in System Preferences gone!!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by -kritter-, Jul 15, 2007.

1. -kritter- macrumors regular

-kritter-

k, i have no idea how long this has been like this, but i just noticed it today, the speech icon in the system preferences is gone, you can only see the top of it and then the rest is a "light switch", i guess its not that big of a deal but its an eye sore to me... Anybody have any possible solutions to get this icon back to normal, if its even possible? the help would be much appreciated...thanks

Attached Files:

2. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

That happened to me one time. I just restarted it and it was fine.

3. -kritter- thread starter macrumors regular

-kritter-

restarted twice before i posted the thread, no luck... would repairing the volume via the install disk be a possible solution anyone???

4. -kritter- thread starter macrumors regular

-kritter-

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Sure thing! :) This cache and plist corruption issue is one of the more annoying things in OS X. Tiger made some steps in the right direction -- if programs crash repeatedly, it will give you the option to trash the program's preferences files, etc, from a dialog, to see if that solves the problem. This is really something the OS should be able to monitor, detect, and resolve on its own.

6. -kritter- thread starter macrumors regular

-kritter-

This is something i never knew about, but thanks for the info, i really enjoy learning about all these little things in OS X :)!!! thanks again...