Icon Making App?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ajl917, Oct 8, 2007.

1. ajl917 macrumors 6502

Well I used to use MobileChat and Apollo on my iPhone, but then found BeeJive, and liked it much better than either of those programs, so I had the idea. Is there any program/app that would enable you to make favorites into icons, so that I would just have to hit an icon for it to bring up safari to a new window of BeeJive. Just a thought.

-Andrew

2. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Beejive is nice, but kicks you off when you go to sleep... Thats kinda lame. I wish web apps had more power. They cant even vibrate the phone!!

3. ajl917 thread starter macrumors 6502

I had that same problem with Apollo and MobileChat, but the thing that made me switch ASAP was that BeeJive works on EDGE while the other 2 dont. That is very important because Im not ALWAYS on Wifi

4. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

I only use Apollo on Edge... Not sure what you are talking about man.

5. ajl917 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm, I would try to load Apollo with a good EDGE connection (all bars) and it would never sign on...

6. bdj21ya macrumors 6502a

bdj21ya

If you were trying to log onto a .mac AIM account on an older version of Apollo, it would've done exactly what you described. .mac accounts require a different protocol to be used, and the early versions did not support it.

It's working great now, so if that was your issue, give it a try.

I can confirm that Apollo works fine over EDGE.

7. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

8. ajl917 thread starter macrumors 6502

I use AT&T, but Ill try tonight with Apollo, and see what happens on EDGE...

BTW, which ones do you like better, Apollo or MobileChat?

9. ajl917 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just in case anyone was wondering, I found a website that can make icons for you.

iPhone Apper