Icon Placement on my SB

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iWin, Oct 15, 2008.

1. iWin macrumors newbie

Hello all. Long time lurker, first time poster. Been JB'ing since the original iPhone, just upgraded to my 3G and have a few questions about icon placement.

I've figured out what apps I would like to keep and I like having one page with easily accessible icons for all my apps... I keep adding apps and now I've got quite a few. I can't stand the way the aliased icons/text look in categories so that rules that out, as far as I'm concerned. I love the way stack looks and works and was wondering if there is a way to align icons that are on the dock to the left. When you have 3 icons in the dock with stack, the one on the most right-hand side is slightly covered by the stack icon... 2 icons just looks misaligned, with 4 icons it's okay but whichever is the 4th icon is completely covered by stack... I've seen the blank icon app and I suppose I could use that, but would like a more flush solution if possible. Thanks, at the very least, for your time!

2. jcde7ago macrumors 6502

jcde7ago

There is currently no flush solution for the Stack icon placement, but the dev (Steven Troughton-Smith) is working on this and other enhancements for the next release.

http://steventroughtonsmith.blogspot.com/

3. zhaden macrumors newbie

4. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Right now the best way I have found is to make use of the blank icon. This will make it line up well and makes it so you do not cover up one of your own applications. :apple:

5. Bear Hunter macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

I managed to get Stack flush on my 5 icon dock

6. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

I know you did, but I have seen your work and it is amazing. Maybe you could contact the developer and give him some tips. :D

By the way, any chance I could get your apple signal indicator. I like it a lot.

7. Bear Hunter macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

Absolutely, I released it here:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/new-sk...431-release-apple-signal-bar.html#post2389631

I plan on tweaking it a little...will let you know when I upload a new version.