Icon positioning...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by griffsterb, Jul 10, 2011.

1. griffsterb macrumors newbie

Okay, I really hate to make a new thread for this... because I've seen the links on this forum before. I want to arrange my icons without having to put them into the default 4x4 grid, and I know a ton of you guys have addons for this. Never needed it before so I didn't pay much attention, but now I do and I can't find it anywhere! Thanks so much guys, and sorry for the new thread!

2. Cooolpenner macrumors regular

3. griffsterb thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah yes, both sound familiar. Thank you so much!

4. griffsterb, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2011

griffsterb thread starter macrumors newbie

Another question for you guys.

So I got gridlock and Prestige HD for my perfect theme. Only I want to be able to arrange the icons really close together so I can fit them into the middle of the screen (see below).

Another issue I'm having is:

I want to disable Prestige's LS stuff so I can use my own. Haven't found the files yet in WinSCP for this and I don't want to go messing around too much without knowing what to look for.

Thanks for the help guys.

Edit: Fixed the lockscreen stuff by just renaming the appropriate folders to deactivate them, and prioritizing themes in the winterboard hierarchy.

The last thing I need now is to be able to squeeze those icons closer together to put a bunch of them into that square in the middle. I really hope that's a feature that Gridlock can do... otherwise I just wasted a dollar! :p

Attached Files:

5. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Search cydia for 4 x 4 dense or 4x4 dense, its the layout you need for iconoclasm. Gridlock won't let you position them anywhere you want, it just allows you to have spaces in your layout. Iconoclasm with 4x4 dense is what you need.

6. griffsterb thread starter macrumors newbie

Amazing, got it! Thanks so much.

Now, one more question... is there a way to hide the clock on the status bar? My widget shows the clock in larger font, and I don't need 2 clocks. I've seen it so I know it's out there...

7. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

8. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

9. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

+1 love this tweak

10. fizz7283 macrumors 6502a

Five-column springboard tweak might also help with that layout. There's also a new tweak that came out today called customgrid, I think it was a dollar. I haven't bought it yet, I'm waiting to read some reviews about it first.

11. griffsterb thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks so much for the help everyone. Took me a while but I finally got everything configured how I wanted :)

Attached Files:

12. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Well thats not 4x4 dense, but glad you got it. Looks great