Icon Preview stopped working

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iVersa, Jan 20, 2009.

1. iVersa macrumors 6502

Hi Guys,

I am running 10.5.6 and last week I noticed the icons weren't previewing anymore, just giving me the standard jpeg/pdf os x icon instead. I thought the settings must have been changed so I opened them up and 'show icon preview' was still checked, so I checked - unchecked to see if that would fix it but nothing.

Its odd because I have jpeg on my desktop that was put there before this happened and it still shows the preview but every new one that is saved does not and messing around with the settings can't seem to change this.

Any ideas?

Is this a known bug?

Cheers!
    Greg

2. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

Hold down the option key and right click Finder on the dock. Click Relaunch.
    Or a restart if you prefer ~ often sorts it out.

3. iVersa thread starter macrumors 6502

Restarting worked for a few hours and then they stopped previewing again!?
    :confused:

4. rembert macrumors member

Same problem here, same situation. Relaunching finder does solve the issue for a while but stops after a while.

First I thought I was the one to blame because I had added TextMate as a preview app for a.o. PHP files. But that doesn't seem to be the cause.

Guess I'll have to wait for Apple to fix this?

5. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

I was having this problem, too. Some items in a folder would display, others wouldn't even though they had before. Yesterday I used OnyX to rebuild the display of folder contents & everything is displaying as it should now.